Saturday, June 22, 2013

Writer's Block Free Writing Exercise

Today is day three of my writer's block.

I'm not surprised that this has happened since I've been working most of the month to finish my novel. But today as I sit at my computer wondering wiht inspiration will hit I decided to do something about it.

I took to the web, for once in search of some thing that will get my juices flowing. Normally this is when I clear my work area and start sewing. I found a few tips to help me out, and I'd like to share one or two with you,  if you don't mind.

Free Writing, or something close to it. Just tell you to write what ever comes to mind. Well that sucks, because everything else comes to mind. But I tired it out anyway and got nothing but a To Do List of things I cold be doing instead of staring at t a computer all day. I recommend this when I'm not under so much pressure to do something.

Then there was word association. The site I took this from is called MakeUse.com. It sent me to One Word where a word was chosen at random and I' come up with something, anything in about 60 seconds. They word I happened upon was frenzy. The first thing that popped in my head was shoppers after Thanks Giving day. Oh yes The Black Friday Shoppers. They scare me, they scare me to death.

This one being a little bit more freeing to me I decided to take five words and see where they go.

Here are my five words:
Lush
Phantasm
Keeper
Mouth
Pander

I would love to hear what others think about this. I'm wondering if others who read this blog would be interested in contributing. But as far as the exercise goes I'm going to post them later one and see how it went.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.