Monday, October 15, 2012

Book Review: You Suck by Christopher Moore, And Welcome Back.


You Suck by Christopher Moore

First,  I welcome every one back to the blog after more than a two week hiatus. Then, let me say that this book “You Suck” is a few years old. I’m saying this right now, I don’t want some left over fan to cry at me because they can’t find this book. Second I highly doubt you can’t find this book. I’ll post a link to this book and Mr. Moore’s web page so you can check out his current book Sacre Bleu

This is part two of a vampire trilogy that I have to say is rather inventive. I know I say inventive like it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Well It might be. Knowing my penchant for vampires and hot nasty sex with vampires you readers should be disappointed when I admit that there’s no hot nasty vampire sex in this book.

Go ahead every one take a moment to come back to earth. The moment to mourn the lack of hot nasty vampire sex is now over. Instead put in your chuckle hat and get ready to chuckle.

If you read Blood Sucking Fiends, you be either happy or sad that the Animals are back and are they in a fix as well as all the other characters in this second installment. The book does have a different kind of chaotic going on here. And it’s pretty anti-climactic. 

We have a few new characters that are woven into the story and they each have their own back story that is very rich in character defect. So rich that you can’t help but love or hate them. Well done Mr. Moore, I hated the blue tinted hooker. 

Yeah there’s a blue tinted hooker in the story and though she gets down to some pretty terrible acts of depravity she does them before things get serious. 

Acts of depravity before things get serious? You must have not read anything by Christopher Moore. There is an entire level of absurdity, in each book this awesome writer creates that swallows them whole. It’s not sprinkled lightly like parsley or jimmies on ice cream. It’s like he took the idea for each story and marinated it in ridiculousness for a year before penning the thing. Then after a big glitter explosion you have another Christopher Moore masterpiece in cleverly arrange stranger than fiction events.

Take the Goth Pair. Miss Abbey Normal and her gay bestie. Abbey is positively challenged. There’s no such thing as a happy Goth, yet Abbey must make a conscious effort every day to not smile and fails miserably. She even checks herself in her journal which she keeps for posterity sake. Okay, what ever, Abbey. I find you tedious and I pity you in all your closet Hello Kitty pinkness. She has decided to devote herself to the art of being a minion to one of our main characters Flood in hopes of one day becoming a vampire herself. Keep dreaming sunshine.


Speaking of our main characters 489 words into this review. Flood and Jody are faced with new crisis as they both have to now find a way to survive, combat  the reemergence of Jody’s maker and stay under the radar from their two favorite detectives. In other words read Blood Sucking Fiends and when you finish, You Suck, you might as well got for gold and read Bite ME.

As usual I’m not going to tell you how the book ends unless the book sucks and I don’t wan to waste your time. I’m going to warn that you will laugh a little. If you don’t like this book then hey, feel free to email me and tell me I have no taste in fiction. I’m okay with that. Two Thumbs five stars and what ever other grading system is out there.

You Suck can be found on the web here for a moderate price. I'm sure it can be found other places but I only have to offer you one.

And for those of you that want to check out what other works by Christopher Moore you can peek at his author page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.