Saturday, October 27, 2012

National Novel Writing Month

Clearly a Cut and paste, don't click it. Nothing will happen.

I formally sat down sometime in December 2011and did two things. One begin this blog and two seriously start putting together my book. I also found about this: NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. A contest, sort of, to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Trust me, I lamented about missing this contest. I had my book fresh in my mind and all the optimism in the world author wise that I could have pulled this off.


Well it's almost a year later. I think I've got about a month or so to go before I cry in my cider or pop champagne about this blog. One thing is certain. I want to do this contest.

Granted I left up that horrible post about how much my life sucks. Something in me says that I need to do this just because I need to do it. So I got that feeling of exhiliration for a few hours today after signing up for it. Then I sat down in my office that I just decorated and began my 30 day book. BTW you can check out the actual website here. I'll even spell it out for you in case you can't click: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en 


I've decided to go with something a little close to home. Mostly about me, not pieces of me as in my other stories. This story is mostly me in all my crazy idiosyncrasies. The story is called Never Get Laid Again. You can imagine how awful this story might start. I'm not sure if this will become something sci-fi or if this will become chick-lit. I know for sure though that you'll either love or hate this character. I also know that I might take it personally if you don't love her because she is me. I'm hoping for a happy ending, one in which this fictional version of me actually get's laid, but you never know. I have 33 days until the 30th of November. A lot could happen.

In order for me to actually hit this 50,000 word goal I have to put down 1,667 words every day. That's not bad, at least I don't think so. The only thing that would seriously hinder me is the lack of positive thinking. I don't want to go that route, and you all three of you that still periodically check this blog are now charged with making sure I stay on this track.

You should join and be my buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.