Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Villain

On my Facebook page, the book page, the one I update very rarely, I talked about you guessed it the villain.


Clearly I'm having more of a hard time getting past the villain. But I wonder if I should insert a back story about his mother. The story of his mother pretty much defines his entire view of how he sees women. It defines how he treats the magic around him. It colors his feelings for Celine, Ruddick and A-23.


Renee Malik (his mom) is a natural born magic user. She is gifted, like Celine, but not nearly as powerful. She's not even in the same league with Verine'e (Vere-uh-knee), who is light years more gifted and better trained than Celine Heydan. Yet, she was taken shortly after the birth of Kareem Malik, and forced into the army of the false god. What little magic she had was corrupted and even years after her escape and eventual rescue from the false god's army, she magic still hold a slight taint.


I plan in a later chapter or maybe even in this chapter making Malik relive the time before the return of his mother. I think I'll do it in two parts. How Renee was captured, how she was tortured and what work she was forced to do will be one part. How Malik developed as a boy without his mother. How he adjusted after her return. I think the best thing for me is to illustrate how the whole family treated her upon her return.


This sounds like a lot of work. I'm once again excited to have the inspiration take me.




Hey thank you folks for taking the time to read a little bit into this blog. I've passed 1100 views since its creation in mid December. I hope this continues through out the process of getting this book and the rest of my life in some semblance of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.