Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What Am I Reading Wednesday - Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch

So I had the utmost pleasure in reading Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch this past week and I have to say I'm ready to go ape-shit over the book.


Kitty Katt and the gang are back for more Super-being extermination. Too bad that, that's not their job anymore. The new job as heads of the Diplomatic Corps pretty much means taking two really big fish out of little pond.


This story differs with EVERYONE adjusting to new positions.  At the end of the last book there was some kind of cosmic Jenga that had everyone taking on new roles. Well done Gini, cover the whole book with a thin film of morose suckdom. It actually works. Throw in not one, not two, but three births of more alien human hybrids and you've got another hit story in my mind.


Sol and Angela also return in this story, the four dogs and three cats in tow to make life easier or harder depending on which one you're looking at. Mamma Katt aka One Bad Ass Mother shines here with minimal mention just by being her.


I did get lost at one point in the story late into it. Right before the climax Kitty has an epiphany of epic proportions. I knew this because suddenly Kitty begins asking all the right question. Sadly she asked the right question to the right person and he gave the worlds most longest drawn out answer, that my little pea brain got lost.


Lucky me I saw where Kitty was going with this and kept it moving to the action.


I completely recommend this book to anyone who like Sci-Fi with a twist. I will say that these the Kitty Katt Series CANNOT be read separately. You can but you'd be lost. Plus why would you miss a Kitty-ism? Why? They are so funny. I advise against starting out of order. In fact I forbid you.


Here's a little extra: I made a video of my review and I'd like you to watch






I'm still trying to figure out how to rate the books so if anyone wants to give me input...


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the Bean Counter and then Friday for the Flash Fiction.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED it and Read a book ... LOL! ;-D Keep up the great work Atiya and thanks for all the fun :-)) We love Gini and Kitt & co!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder. I finally did start the the next book and I must say I got sucked in. Check back next week for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Glad you came by, thanks.

      Delete

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.