Friday, December 23, 2011

Technology Rocks!!!


The great thing about technology is the ability to have things changed instantly. I only say this because the folks over at eFiction have graciously chopped the two stories I placed on Google Docs. These folks have saved me some serious money and time. Think of how bad this would have been if, I'd waited until the book was done, printed, then mailed it to some editor so they could chop it and send it back at cost to me? How other authors of the past did this over and over, is totally no bueno.
I forget who said it in one of their blogs but, "its a great time to be a writer." And as I learn the ins and outs of this business, I'm finding more and more that it is. Motherfugnwriters got to the heart of my problem mentioned here  and so a change of scenery was all I needed to get my juices flowing again. Now, if it weren't for technology where would I be? Stuck thats what. Isn't it grand? Chapter two of The New God is about to wrapped up thanks to that tidbit. 

It is, don't deny it, you know you love it. 

On the future move, I'm not so lucky. I check the sites often and come up lacking with the search for an affordable place in San Diego. I'm taking it well I'd like to think. I understand, there is a process in these things. Being in the Military for almost six years, trust me I know about processes. My alcoholic (and I'd like to think resourceful) self would look for ways to circumvent this process in order to focus on what needs to happen. IE starting school, getting the book out, maybe get a dog… But if I stay positive and keep reaching out as I have been and maybe a little more, I really think I'll be okay. Don't get me wrong, there is a real possibility that I will be homeless, and accordingly I'm freaking out. I just feel that with the money I have saved I will be okay.

OverMuchly Wonders is about to get a new title. Right now it has title: unfinished. The title doesn't match the story it's turning out to be. Truly the title seems "whimsical" I'm finding I don't do whimsical. Cue the Goremance, such a cool word. Anyhoo, I posted that to Google docs as well and that poor thing got massacred. In a good way, in a good way, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.