Monday, March 5, 2012

How I kill time working.

I've been getting the same question a lot lately: If you can't write anything right now, then what are you doing while you're working the phone?


You're not going to believe this. I crochet hats, lots of them.  I've made seven of them in the last month. the most of them in the last two weeks. Depending oh how long I'm logged on I bang out one from start to finish. I mean I could clean my house, or bake cookies or something else  while I work since I can't write, but this is productive, to an extent.
This one is my favorite
Occupy Couch's Favorite
 
Looks like a fiery Jelly Fish
 So now that I have engaged my Susie Homemaker I need to figure out what to do with all the hats I'm making. My buddy who's doing the  "Occupy Movement" (occupy my couch) says I should sell them. Now there's a novel idea.  So here are my hats if you want one they are $9 + shipping.
 
And yes you'd be supporting my  latest nervous tick. You could look at it this way; my house would be less cluttered if you took these babies off my hands. Think of them as things that can be gifted and re gifted at Christmas. If you're interested leave me a comment and I'll figure out a way to get one to you.


Another way I like to think of this, is that I have an outlet for my stunted creativity. That I can't write does not stop the need to make something, I'm sure that when I get out my funk I'll drop this hat none-sense and get down to serious business.


For now the yarn sustains me.


Good news is that I have found a new angle in Chapter six that I want to explore. I'm convinced that creating a little insubordination might move the story along. I'm going to use one of the minor characters. In fact the character was so minor that I forgot that he existed. I had to check an earlier chapter to make sure I had one to spare. He was in the first chapter too. I am a mess.


I hope this gets me past this hump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something. I'd love to hear from you.